Please refer to https://www.immigration.gov.tw/5475/5478/141465/141808/141970/.
How does a foreigner renew or apply for an ARC? (Serial No. 0902) (
Receiving units : The local NIA’s service center
Hsinchu County Service Center
- address：1F., No.133, Sanmin Rd., Zhubei City, Hsinchu County 302, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Prospective applicants :
1. A foreign national who obtains Alien Resident Certificates (hereinafter ARC) after entering Taiwan by the inspection of National Immigration Agency with a valid passport or a valid travel document(s) under the visa waiver program, or holding a visitor visa.
2. A foreign national who enters Taiwan with a residency visa, and modifies the reasons of residency to be joining family, employment or investment.
Required documents (verify the original and take its copy) :
1. A completed application form
2. ARC (the first petitioner shall appear at the local service center personally)
3. A passport with resident visa. ( A foreign national applying for modifications in the reasons for residency pursuant to Paragraph 2 of Article 23 of the Act, is exempt from being examined for an entry visa)
4. Related documents for residency :
Employment or investment (Including foreign nationals applying for modifying reasons of residency pursuant to Paragraph 2 of Article 23 of the Act) : An approval letter issued by the competent authority and an In-service Certificate
5. One 2’’ x 2’’ colored photo, front head and shoulder, taken within six months
6. A foreign national who applies for an ARC reissuing shall submit Declaration of Loss of ARC or a Crime Report
7. Fees :
(1) One-year term : NT$1,000
(2) Two-year term : NT$2,000
(3) Three-year term : NT$3,000
(4) Overseas Chinese students : NT$500
Processing time : 10 workdays