Please refer to https://www.immigration.gov.tw/5475/5478/141465/141808/168969/.
Employment Gold Card Application Instructions for Foreign Special Professionals in Foreign Countries or Hong Kong/Macao (
In accordance with Article 8 of the Act for the Recruitment and Employment of Foreign Professionals, foreigners or Hong Kong/Macau residents, of whom are professionals that have applied to work in our country, must be certified by competent authority of the central government to be working in one of the following eight fields of profession: (website of the National Development Council’s link to the competent authority of the central government regarding the recognition standard of the eight fields of profession: http://www.ndc.gov.tw)
(1) Field of Technology (Ministry of Science and Technology)
(2) Field of Economics (Ministry of Economic Affairs)
(3) Field of Education (Ministry of Education)
(4) Field of Culture and Arts (Ministry of Culture)
(5) Field of Sports (Ministry of Education)
(6) Field of Finance (Financial Supervisory Commission)
(7) Field of Law (Ministry of Justice)
(8) Field of Architectural Design (Ministry of Interior)
Please enter the system of “FOREIGN PROFESSIONALS ONLINE APPLICATION PLATFORM” from the National Immigration Agency of the Ministry of Interior,
website: https://coa.immigration.gov.tw/coa-frontend/four-in-one/entry/, log in with his/her account or certificate to apply for the Employment Gold Card.
(1) A color scanned e-file of the following documents shall be attached :
A. Passport with at least 6-month validity remaining
B. 2-inch hatless facial color photo taken within 6 months (size identical to the Identification Card of our country)
C. Documents of eligibility for Foreign Special Professionals announced by the central competent authorities
D. Other documents required for application of resident visa, alien residency certificate, and reentry permit
E. Those applying under Foreign Special Professionals from Hong Kong/Macao are not required to obtain an affidavit, police record certificate, or a health certificate,but must enclose〝Hong Kong/ Macao Residents Identity Confirmation〞
(2) Specific Professional Talent from foreign countries or Hong Kong/Macao whom has been recommended by competent authority of the central government must submit the previously mentioned documents in written format
(3) Required Documents for Changes in Personal Data: Passport, Employment Gold Card, documents certifying changes (related documents certifying changes : renewed passport, police reports or declarations certifying damaged, lost or reissuance of documents) and 2-inch hatless facial color photo taken within 6 months (size identical to the Identification Card of our country)
Review Period (days)
Within 30 working days
Charges and fees
Please refer to https://www.immigration.gov.tw/5475/5478/141465/141808/168969/
(1) Domestic Application:
After an applicant prints out an “E-Receipt” from the “Download Section” of the “ Application Platform,” one must bring both the receipt and the original passport to the National Immigration Agency service center of one’s choosing to retrieve the Employment Gold Card.
(2) Overseas Application:
A. Retrieval of Employment Gold Card after entering the country: After an applicant prints out the “Republic of China Employment Gold Card Overseas Approval Certificate,” one must retrieve the Employment Gold Card from the National Immigration Agency service center of one’s choosing by bringing the certificate and original passport to the service center within 30 days starting from the next day after entering the country.
B. Retrieval of Employment Gold Card Overseas: After an applicant prints out an “E-Receipt” from the “Download Section” of the “ Application Platform,” the applicant shall bring the receipt and original passport to the Republic of China Foreign Embassy, the Representative Office, or the Consular Office (hereinafter referred to as Foreign Mission ) to retrieve the Employment Gold Card, and enter the country with the Gold Card. The wait period for the retrieval of the Employment Gold Card overseas may take more than 21 working days. After the Employment Gold Card being sent to the Foreign Mission, the Foreign Mission will send an email to inform the applicant to claim the Employment Gold Card. If the applicant fail to claim the Employment Gold Card, the Foreign Mission will send the Employment Gold Card back to the National Immigration Agency by diplomatic mail.
Q & A
Employment Gold Card (download)