We welcome you to join National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) sincerely.
For your information:
1. Yushan Fellows and Yushan Young Fellows may not be current full-time employees at universities or academic research institutions (those who have served less than 1 year are exempt from this limit) or retirees in Taiwan.
(1) A Yushan Scholar is a scholar who meets one of the following requirements:
Has worked at a leading international research institution or an internationally renowned company for at least 10 years, has an international academic reputation or international cutting-edge expertise in a core technology, and has experience in leading an academic or industrial research team.
Has been awarded the Nobel Prize, is a fellow of a national-level academy, is a fellow of a major international association, or has received some equivalent recognition.
Has made an outstanding contribution to the area of his or her academic expertise during the past 5 years.
(2) A Yushan Young Scholar is a scholar who was granted his or her highest education diploma during the past 10 years or less than 45 years old, and meets one of the following requirements:
Has worked at a leading international research institution or an international renowned company for at least 5 years and has potential development.
Has experience in conducting major research projects.
Has made an exceptional contribution to the area of his or her academic expertise during the past 5 years.
2. Application review is conducted once each academic year by the Ministry of Education (MOE).
3. The University should complete the appointment procedures by August 1 of next academic year. Universities that cannot complete the appointment procedures by the deadline are deemed to be automatically waived.
The Office of Research and Development in NTHU will announce the deadline of application (estimated in early March) after receiving the formal notice from the MOE (estimated in January or February).
Then the Colleges in NTHU will set their deadlines (estimated in February or early March) and review the application cases before submitting them to NTHU Yushan (Young) Fellow Program Review Committee for further review.
Application cases approved by the further review will be submitted to the MOE (estimated in early April) for final review. The decision of the final review will be announced by the MOE before the end of July.
If you need any other information for the Yushan (Young) Fellow Program, please feel free to contact the Department/ Institute or College you are interested in to join, or the main contact of Yushan (Young) Fellow Program in NTHU (email@example.com, Lin Fen, Section Chief, Office of Research and Development). Thank you very much.