We welcome you to join National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) sincerely.
For your information:
1. Yushan Fellows and Yushan Young Fellows must not be current full-time employees (not including personnel whose service duration is less than one year) or retirees at universities or academic research institutions in Taiwan.
(1) A Yushan Fellow must possess one of the following qualifications:
Has worked at a leading international research institution or an internationally renowned company for at least 10 years, distinguished in the international academic community or acquired world-leading expertise in a core technology, and experienced in leading academic or industrial research teams
Recipient of a Nobel prize, fellow of a national academy, fellow of a major international association, or has received some equivalent recognition
Has made an outstanding contribution to the area of his or her academic or industrial expertise in the past 5 years
(2) A Yushan Young Fellow must have received his or her highest academic qualification within the last 10 years or be under 45 years old and meet one of the following criteria:
Has worked at a leading international research institution or an internationally renowned company for at least 5 years and demonstrated great potential
Has experience in conducting major research projects
Has made an exceptional contribution to the area of his or her academic expertise in the past 5 years
2. Applications are reviewed once a year following the academic year schedule by the Ministry of Education (MOE).
3. The University should complete the appointment procedures by August 1 of next academic year. Universities that cannot complete the appointment procedures by the deadline are deemed to be automatically waived theie quota.
The Office of Research and Development in NTHU will announce the deadline of application (estimated in early March) after receiving the formal notice from the MOE (estimated in January or February).
Then the Colleges in NTHU will set their deadlines (estimated in February or early March) and review the application cases before submitting them to NTHU Yushan (Young) Fellow Program Review Committee for further review.
Application cases approved by the further review will be submitted to the MOE (estimated in early April) for final review. The decision of the final review will be announced by the MOE before the end of July.
If you need any other information for the Yushan (Young) Fellow Program, please feel free to contact the Department/ Institute or College you are interested in to join, or the main contact of Yushan (Young) Fellow Program in NTHU ( email@example.com, Hung Chih-Fan, Division of General R&D Administration, Office of Research and Development). Thank you very much.